Sunday, February 28, 2016

Fast Week



Written Feb 8, 2016

This week was so good. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to send an email last week. Sometimes we just don’t have a whole lot of time but I read fast and typed real fast this week so I would have time to write you guys because even though I don’t know how many actually read this I love my little fan club!  hehe

 So this week we had services another town called Yahualica. I think I’ve told you about that town before and I lead the services because my new comp doesn’t know how. It went so good. The members in this little big town are so awesome. And very faithful. The only problem is they are one family and this last week they had problems and so we decided to talk about unity after they all passed and gave there testimonies. My comp is relatively new in the mission and he didn’t come here speaking Spanish but his talk was really good about how to be united as a family. I honestly didn’t prepare a talk because I thought I had one prepared from like two weeks ago that I didn’t have time to give so I was ready and then something came to me to give something different. I was like ok, that’s cool. It came to my head to share an experience. That when I started to play football I was 12 years old and we only won 3 games in the first 3 years. The next year we lost a game in the preseason and it wasn’t until our coaches talked to us and told us that we had to work as a team and be united that we learned. And the rest of that season we didn’t lose and the next year we only lost one game and the year after that we lost one but that’s it and won a championship

So if we are not united we will not win. Maybe every once in a while but usually we will lose. But when we learn to be united and work as a team we only lose every once in a while and usually win. 

I felt the spirit so strong and I felt like the words were just falling out of my mouth. I am so happy to be here. This is my favorite area and I have my favorite companions that I’ve had in the mission. This work is really hard. I can’t even tell you how tired I am and how nice it would be to just take a nap but I know this isn’t my time. And I’m on the clock. The time has gone by so fast and I am going to use the little time that I have left to do everything I can to help the people here in Mexico get to know the gospel and change their lives. 

I love you all. I miss you all and I’m super pumped that the broncos won the super bowl! Woo! 

Love Elder Andy

PS They only won because I’m out here and couldn’t watch the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment