Thursday, January 15, 2015

Last Couple Days

It's my last couple days in the CCM! This place has been so awesome! Today we went to the temple and we were in a van with some Latinos that don't speak English and we were having full on conversations! It was awesome! I know so much Spanish and the Lord is making it so easy for me!

This week the Lord answered one of my prayers really quick. I was having trouble understanding what we are suppose to say when we get to the door or walk up to someone, what we are suppose to say and i just didn't  know what I was going to say to people in 4 days. So I said a prayer asking for help and then I just pulled out my preach my gospel and boom first page I flip to was perfect for the situation. It was so awesome. So we went to the temple and in the visitors center we were taught how to give someone a Book Of Mormon on the street and I learned exactly what I needed to say and they had me do it for all the missionarys in our zone! It was sweet! Just another answer! 

I love it here so much and I am so happy to be here! I have gained an extremely large testimony being here and It is amazing being able to talk to real investigators on Wednesdays and I actually know how to listen to the spirit!

We had a devotional one of the first days we were here and it really stood out to me. It was Elder Bednar and he was talking about the spirit and what it is. One thing he said made me realize. He said listen the first thing that comes to your mind. Trust yourself and have faith that the Lord won't lead you astray. Trust the voice in your head that says go help that old lady on the street or smile at someone or do something to make someones day. You could be saving their life. 

Yesterday I shared how I gained my testimony with a Member from Mexico and he cried. I also cried but don't tell. It's the first time I shared that story since being here and it felt amazing to remind myself why I am here and why its so important to pray all the time...

One of my prayers has been to try and Love every single person all the time. I've had a couple of people that do that and I can see that that's the person I want to be. While doing this I think I learned a lesson that if you ask for something the Lord might not just give it to you but he might test you and make it a little bit tough but that's how you gain something like that. 

Sorry my email was so long! I hope everything is good at home!! I'm still having a blast and I leave here in 4 days! Next time I email I'll be somewhere in the Guadalajara East mission speaking mucho Spanish! Adios Muchachos!

-Elder Anderberg

No comments:

Post a Comment