Thursday, January 22, 2015

First Day in the Field!

Wow. It's been crazy here in Guadalajara! It has been fun but also really hard. I'm actually learning Spanish at an incredible rate!

We taught a lesson to members who fed us today and I bore my testimony all in Spanish and after they told me that I lied to them when I told them my Spanish was bad. haha They were way awesome! The worst part was eating though... I never say that unless it had to do with fish. Yup, they had fish and I'm pretty sure they just fried up some gold fish because they were small. I would have been fine with just the three fish she put on my plate so I finished them and then she put three more on my plate! So I was like ok I can do this so I forced them down and then she grabbed my plate AND PUT THREE MORE! I had to just eat them but on the bright side her rice was insane seriously so good. Better then rice a roni. Might have been worth it. jk I hate fish.

Yesterday we left the CCM at 4 AM and were in the airport by 6 flight at 7. It was terrible. No sleep on the plane but I sat by some guy who spoke 6 languages. So that was cool. Got there and did a whole lot of training and we were all falling asleep during the whole thing. Finally it was night time and we got in a taxi and stacked the suit cases in the front seat and four of us fit in the smallest Camry you ever did saw and drove for 50 mins to a compnaionship's house and then 45 to our casa. It was dark when we got there and then we went to go into the casa and our keys didn't work and we are like an hour outside of the city. Then my companion of 18 months found that he left his mochilla in the taxi... and was so bumbed because his scriptures and his camera were in there. Oh ya did I mention hes a native? Ya like 15 words in English and he gets so frustrated.  It's actally kinda funny but anyways in a new country in the middle of nowhere with the house so close but yet so far and have not slept in 20 hours.  It was actually really funny. Some people that my companion baptized came over and talked to us and also doesn't know any English. So that's cool Anyways we talked to her. I'm pretty sure she asked me if i wanted pizza at some point and I didn't know how to tell her no I just want to go to bed so I just said yes. Then my companion said no. haha Then after like 3 hours after bed time our saviors came with keys and there were only two beds and I don't speak Spanish so the two latinos got the beds and me and the other American slept on the floor. Luckily the American is fluent and could explain to me what was going on around me. It was pretty nice.  haha We had a zone meeting and the zone leader is from Utah so he speaks English so that was nice also. We went to the casa and then lunch and now at a sepas where you can rent the computers for like 10 pesos an hours. Theres actually xboxs you can rent and there a kid playing GTA and it's half in English and half in Spanish. The first half of English is the swear words haha but when you die instead of saying WASTED it says MUERTO which means dead in Spanish haha but it's actually pretty sweet here! I have been having fun and i'm pumped for the language to come.

 Anyways my area is really safe and everyone is so nice here. 

Adios everybody! 

Elder Anderberg

No comments:

Post a Comment